Sunday 20 May 2012

Decorations up!


Azerbaijan flag, sort of.

Right, it's only two days away so I suppose I should finally get around to giving my opinion on who i think should win, lose etc etc. 

Semi Final One is definitely the fun semi, and since it's inevitable, since it isn't seemingly allowed to be possible that Russia won't qualify, at least something silly will make it to the final. Greece, on the other hand, I think are not so certain a 'certain qualifier', and I think may well go home on Wednesday (and the country probably can't afford hotels till sunday anyway). 

Albania may well scrape through to the final, being all dramatic and serious. But realistically, there's a lot of average and ridiculous stuff in this country, that I think only Denmark, Russia and Ireland are currently certainties. I'm unsure about Iceland because being second kinda sucks. San Marino may not be the biggest loser in this semi, it might even do well (think of the money in making it a success) I still think Latvia has that honour for not being silly enough, and mostly just insipid. 

Semi Final Two then? I'm not sure why so many people think the Ukraine is all that great. But then, I have odd taste. Even though it's last, I'm not convinced that Lithuania will qualify. I don't think anyone genuinely will give Georgia enough to qualify, and honestly, all this 'they're a certain qualifier' stuff does need shaking up. Slovakia might well scrape through with the rock vote, which is increasingly present. I remain forever mixed up with Croatia and Macedonia, and i think it will be the same for the rest of Europe. Serbia and the Scandis are guaranteed (snore), and the rest will likely be the usual suspects. 

The big 6: Italy has the odds now to do the best of the big five. Azerbaijan has never made much of an impression on me, nor has Spain. Germany is a bit sappy, but ok in its way. France... can anyone really tell with France. They always seem to be kinda in a world of their own, doing their own French thing. 

Since this is a year like 2009 with a big favourite leading into it, I'm a bit underwhelmed by it, and actually would like some big shocks and surprises. Since the semi finals came along, the finals have been a bit dull, with the same performances again. It would shake things up massively, considering the superstitions, if Sweden were to end up in spot 2 in the final, so I'm crossing my fingers for that. The hot favourite never seems to end up in that spot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment