Saturday 10 March 2012

Sweden: Loreen, Euphoria

As a viewer, it's very tedious when you sit through 8 songs and clearly only two are contenders for the prize. Or less, as with Ireland's final.

So after a month of at times tedious campaigning for Loreen's victory, Loreen is victorious.


This one divides me. On the one hand I like the dance anthem style. On the other hand, I find it too much like a bazillion other songs I've heard in the past 15 years since this style became mainstream. Anything that was used in a Gossip Girl trailer is definitely stylistically past its prime (when will they cancel that show?)

On the one hand, I like the minimal staging of the song. No ridiculous glass boxes. On the other hand, I find it a little pretentious. AND HER HAIR BLOODY IRRITATES ME!

This is already a favourite, and I find early hype for songs incredibly grating. It makes me automatically dislike it. Quite simply, underdogs and dark horses are more interesting.

I mean, this is so obviously going to do well, I just struggle to get behind it. I'm getting sick of it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment