Monday 23 January 2012

20 estonia songs, even more briefly

OH JESUS GOD NO

Erasmus Rotterdamist - Kuu pääle (Paul Daniel, Jürgen Rooste)

Love the name, love the language choice (ESTONIAN YAY!), love the genre

MIA - Bon voyage (Vahur Valgmaa)


Forgot this one while I was listening. Bon Voyage.

Milky Whip - My love (Karl Kanter, Helina Reinjärv)


I think there's some dirty subtext here. Didn't listen long enough to care.

POP Maniacs - I don't know (Rolf Ruusalu)


Songs with lots of production and vocal effects don't seem a good idea for a show about singing live. Just no.

Ott Lepland - Kuula (Ott Lepland, Aapo Ilves)


Piano ballad. Seems nice enough. I'm not a fan of ballads. I could get behind it though.

August Hunt - Tantsulõvi (August Hunt, Heiti Kinder)


it's in estonian, i'll let it off for that. 

Soundclear - A little soldier (Karl-Ander Reismann)


Very MGMT. Seems a bit production heavy again though. But it might work... Preferable to POP Maniac

Liis Lemsalu - Made up my mind (Liis Lemsalu, Rene Puura)


Estonian soul sister. No.

Loss Paranoias - Valedetektor (Loss Paranoias)


A bit 80s. Not sure, are we still into 80s nostalgia? 



Semifinal 2, February 25th

Traffic - NASA (Ago Teppand, Jaan Pehk)

Makes me think of Romania from last year. No

Lenna - Mina jään (Mihkel Raud, Lenna Kuurmaa)

I'm getting tired of listening now... sigh. It's ok. 

Malcolm Lincoln - Bye (Robin Juhkental)

Robbed two years ago. I liked him. Not sure about this song. But I liked him. I want him back (or if he could send me his number... :P)



I heart the scarf-wearing, velvet-jacketed fop. We will marry! 


Tenfold Rabbit - Oblivion (Tenfold Rabbit)

No. just no.


God, there are a lot of songs, thank god something provides a toilet break. 


It started fine, then got predictable. Maybe.

Mimicry - The destination (Paul Lepasson)

Low budget, I like it. No smashing boxes or anything. Is 80s nostalgia back though? 

Orelipoiss - Zombi (Jaan Pehk, Olavi Ruitlane)

Maybe. It's interesting. 

Teele Viira - City nights (Priit Uustulnd, Teele Viira) and Cat Eye - Ride 

Urgh, so many songs! I opened both this and the final song at the same time. Lady Gaga has so much to answer for. Neither of these songs impressed. I'm tired now, too many songs, this national final stuff is hard!

My picks: Erasmus, Soundclear, my future husband Malcolm Lincoln, Mimicry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment