Sunday 22 January 2012

Second Chance: Rytingur

Second Chance -- songs from the National Finals that we (or me!) think deserve another go for Eurovision glory.

With semi finals and lengthy national finals, there are always a few songs that seem genuinely good, but somehow don't grab the audience enough to win. Here is the first I've seen so far, from Iceland, the cool-synth Rytingur by Fatherz'n'Sonz


I think this is a pretty cool song, and outside the Eurovision, I could see a place for this. Stylistically, is it a bit too odd. The chorus is a bit subtle, and there's no real hook. It's a song that could be 6 minutes long rather than 3. We've never heard this sort of music at the competition, who knows. It's on my ipod though, and I still like it, unlike the songs that did get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment