Sunday 22 January 2012

Switzerland National Final December last year.

So, since I only created this blog today I've kinda forgotten about Switzerland's National Final. That's ok though. I don't think the final created a winner, nor do I think there was a winner that was missed. The 2 and a bit hour show dragged, with so many songs I forgot what was even going on, except every so often the fat trendy DJ guy would say mean things, and everyone would boo.

Sinplus was the victor. I like the wave of indie/rock genre that has really appeared since Lordi's victory. However, this is a bit too soft for me, with lots of empty pep-talk of the you can be want you want to, believe in yourself etc variety. At least, I think that's what they're saying, in all honesty, the only word I understand 'Unbreakable.'

On the plus side though, at just over two minutes, this is going to be one of the shortest songs in the competition

Overall feeling: A song that might scrape into the final if it's the last song in the semis, not very memorable, but not offensively bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment