Monday 23 January 2012

Iceland: Semi Final Three Songs very briefly

The link is here, if you haven't already been there. To be honest, I never find Eurovision songs that impressive on first listen, and can't usually tell before they've been performed.

I wonder why Iceland has three semi-finals when they seem to repeat songwriters and performers by then. Why don't they ask them to just choose one? In the end, we'll only choose one song. One of my fave things about Iceland's national final is how friendly they all seem with one another, because a lot of them have worked together before.

After Saturday's fishermen made it to the final, I have hopes for this one. Sadly they're not there. Sigh.

I think we can guess on Magni getting through, though. He will have his time in the Eurovision spotlight, oh yeah!


However, I don't think there's anything to be done about the facial hair.

I'm also fond of the folksy Aldrei segja aldrei.

Overall though, I don't have high hopes for Iceland this year. *sniff* My Rekjavik dream will never come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment